Apply for Student Housing
You will use your Ole Miss webID and password to access the student housing portal.
A non-refundable application fee is required for every application except the application for exemption.
Communication from our department will be sent to your Ole Miss Gmail. Please check it regularly for important information, announcements, and reminders.
Looking for a roommate? Join our Roommate Connections Facebook Group!
If you would like to request a housing accommodation for a disability, including the use of a service animal, please review information about Access and Accommodations.
Sophomores & Upperclassmen
Freshman Residency Requirement
Students who are classified as a freshman are required to live on campus for two consecutive semesters – Fall and Spring or Spring and Full Summer (Summer First Term and Summer Second Term) – unless they are approved for exemption from the freshman residency requirement.
Student housing exemptions are approved for the following:
- Students who are 21 years of age or older (age will be verified via admissions data)
- Students who live with parents or legal guardians within 60 miles and commute to campus (address will be verified via admissions data)
- Students who have graduated from high school at least one year prior to enrollment at the university and have lived in a college or university campus residential community for at least two semesters (proof required: letter from college or university)
- Married students (proof required: marriage license)
- Students with children (proof required: child’s birth certificate).
If you qualify for an exemption based on the criteria listed above, then you may complete the Application for Exemption.
Unmarried freshmen (except students living with parents or guardians) who enroll and are found to be living off campus without an authorized exemption from the Housing Appeals Committee will be administratively charged for housing.
If the student will still be classified as a freshman after completing the stated requirement, then student housing must be notified no later than July 15 to ensure that a housing exemption is placed on the student’s account for the following fall. This allows the student to avoid charges from student housing.
If you decide not to attend the University of Mississippi or decide not to live in student housing prior to the cancellation deadline, you must complete the cancellation process in the student housing portal. If you are enrolled at the university and do not cancel your application by the deadline and prior to moving in, you will be responsible for all financial and other commitments.
If you determine after the cancellation deadline that you no longer wish to live in student housing, you will be directed through the student housing appeals process. Release from your student housing contract is not guaranteed.
The university has a freshman residency requirement.
- Deadline for fall semester: 5:00pm on July 1 (After July 1, you will be financially responsible for BOTH fall and spring semesters if you are enrolled at the university.)
- Deadline for spring semester: EXTENDED DEADLINE 5:00pm on December 5
- Deadline for May Intersession: May 12
- Deadline for Summer I: May 27
- Deadline for Summer II: June 26
- Deadline for August Intersession: July 28