Apply for Student Housing
You will use your Ole Miss webID and password to access the student housing portal.
A non-refundable application fee is required for every application except the application for exemption.
Communication from our department will be sent to your Ole Miss Gmail. Please check it regularly for important information, announcements, and reminders.
Looking for a roommate? Join our Roommate Connections Facebook Group!
If you would like to request a housing accommodation for a disability, including the use of a service animal, please review information about Access and Accommodations.
Sophomores & Upperclassmen
Freshman Residency Requirement
Students who are classified as a freshman, or who have completed less than 30 hours post-high school, are required to live on campus for two consecutive semesters – Fall and Spring or Spring and Full Summer (Summer First Term and Summer Second Term) – unless they are approved for exemption from the freshman residency requirement.
Student housing exemptions are approved for the following:
- Students who are 21 years of age or older prior to the start of the academic year (age will be verified via admissions data)
- Students who live with parents or legal guardians within a driving distance of 60 miles of the Oxford campus and commute (address will be verified via admissions data)
- Students who have graduated from high school at least one full year prior to enrollment at the university and have lived in college or university-owned housing for at least two full semesters (proof required: letter from college or university housing department on letterhead)
- Students who are married (proof required: marriage license)
- Students with children (proof required: child’s birth certificate).
If you qualify for an exemption based on the criteria listed above, then you may complete the Application for Exemption.
Students who are classified as a freshman, or who have completed less than 30 credit hours (or 30 transferable hours) post-high school who do not live on-campus in Student Housing residence halls or residential colleges and do not have an approved exemption from the freshman residency requirement, will be administratively charged for housing.
Students who will still be classified as a freshman after completing the stated requirement must contact Student Housing no later than July 15 to ensure that a housing exemption is placed on the student’s account for the following fall. This allows the student to avoid charges from Student Housing.
If you decide not to attend the University of Mississippi or decide not to live in student housing prior to the cancellation deadline, you must complete the cancellation process in the student housing portal. If you are enrolled at the university and do not cancel your application by the deadline and prior to moving in, you will be responsible for all financial and other commitments.
If you determine after the cancellation deadline that you no longer wish to live in student housing, you will be directed through the student housing appeals process. Release from your student housing contract is not guaranteed.
The university has a freshman residency requirement.
- Deadline for fall semester: 5:00 pm CDT on July 1 (After July 1, you will be financially responsible for BOTH fall and spring semesters if you are enrolled at the university.)
- Deadline for spring semester: 5:00 pm CT on December 1 (only for students new to Student Housing for spring semester)
- Deadline for May Intersession: May 16, 2021
- Deadline for Summer I: May 31, 2021
- Deadline for Summer II: June 30, 2021
- Deadline for August Intersession: August 1, 2021