Information Regarding Spring 2020 Check Out
We have established a detailed plan for Spring 2020 checkout based on three priorities:
1. Maintain the health of our students, guests, and staff by adhering to guidelines set forth by the CDC and the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) regarding social distancing and large group gatherings.
2. Provide you with recommendations for ways in which you can be prepared prior to your arrival on campus for Spring 2020 checkout.
3. Make the checkout process as easy as possible given the current circumstances.
You will need to schedule your checkout date and time. Appointments are available in two-hour increments from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. CDT from Monday, May 11 through Sunday, May 31. A limited number of students will be able to select each appointment time in keeping with CDC guidelines of limiting the number of people in a single area at one time.
You will be permitted to enter the residence hall only during your confirmed appointment time. Only you and two additional guests will be permitted on campus. Overnight stays are not permitted.
- How to Schedule an Appointment
- Appointment Expectations
- What to do if you have a Compromised Immune System, are Sick, or Cannot Return to Campus
- Recommended Preparations
- Spring 2020 Checkout FAQs
- Open Hotels in Oxford
- Visit Oxford Information
- Contact Us
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work together through this unprecedented event. The University of Mississippi’s highest priority is the health and safety of our students and campus community and, for this reason, a great deal of time and consideration has gone into the planning for Spring 2020 checkout. Our hope is to make this process is smooth and safe for everyone.
Information Regarding COVID-19
For the latest from Ole Miss regarding COVID-19 please visit the COVID-19 Update Page.
For contact information for University Health Services visit their website.
For the March 12, 2020 email sent to all current residents from Student Housing, please click here.
For the March 25, 2020 email sent to all current residents from Student Housing, please click here.
For any questions, please refer to our FAQs Page.
For information regarding housing refunds, please refer to COVID-19 Housing Refund FAQs.
For in-hall assistance please refer to the Residential Community Contact Info page.
- Per guidance from University administration and the State of Mississippi, students are expected to return to their family home and stay there during this period to promote social distancing and minimize the risk of spreading the virus. All residence halls, residential colleges, and apartments will be closed.
Summer Housing will not be offered for 2020 including May Intersession, Summer First Term, Summer Second Term, and August Intersession.
During this time while Student Housing staff are working remotely from home we encourage you to email your questions to email@example.com to reduce response time. Thank you in advance for your patience.