The Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College Living-Learning Community will provide a positive transition to college life for first-year Honors students and mentorship opportunities for sophomores and upperclassmen who seek to become citizen scholars fired by the life of the mind, committed to the public good, and driven to find solutions.
Students in Honors LLC come from diverse backgrounds and share a common connection as members of the Honors College and through collaboration and conversation to develop lasting relationships.
First-year Honors students are eligible to reside in the Honors College LLC. No application in addition to the student housing application and the special programs application (used to apply for admission to the SMBHC) is required. Students will choose bedspaces in the Honors College LLC during room selection. Community members must have roommates who are also members of the Honors College. Spaces will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. First-year honors students are not required to live in the Honors LLC.
Current Honors College members may apply to live in the Honors College LLC for the 2018-19 academic year by completing the sophomore & upperclassman application process.
Residence Hall for 2018-19: Pittman Hall
Through a variety of activities designed by the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College faculty leader and student housing staff, Honors LLC members will have the opportunity to:
- Enjoy positive on-campus experiences with Honors LLC members in a common living environment
- Develop relationships with students, staff, and faculty that facilitate learning beyond the classroom
- Foster study groups and discussions regarding common classwork, readings, and events
- Become knowledgeable about campus resources and services
- Become engaged in campus activities, community events and citizens of the world
- Create goodwill and sharp minds through community action activities.