- Members: freshmen – seniors
- Building for 2019-20: Pittman Hall
The Honors College Living-Learning Community (LLC) provides a supportive residential experience to honors students who seek to become citizen scholars fired by the life of the mind. Members come from diverse backgrounds, are committed to the public good, and are driven to find solutions. Through conversation and collaboration, members support one another’s growth as citizen scholars.
Through a variety of activities designed by the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College faculty leader and student housing staff, Honors LLC members will have opportunities to:
- Enjoy a residential experience designed for honors college members
- Develop relationships with students, staff, and faculty that facilitate learning beyond the classroom
- Foster study groups and discussions regarding common classwork, readings, and events
- Become knowledgeable about campus resources and services
- Become engaged in campus activities and community events.
How to Join
All honors students are eligible for membership in the Honors College LLC. Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
First-year honors college members will be able to choose rooms, when available, in the Honors College LLC during part 2 of the incoming freshman application process. Students who live in the LLC must have roommates who are either first-year members of the honors college or incoming freshmen who have received approval to be associate members of the Honors College LLC. Additional information about the Honors College LLC Associate option will be available in Spring 2019.
Sophomores and upperclassmen may join by choosing rooms, when available, in the Honors College LLC during the sophomore & upperclassman application process.