The Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College Living-Learning Community will provide a positive transition to college life for first-year Honors students and mentorship opportunities for upperclassmen who seek to become citizen scholars fired by the life of the mind, committed to the public good, and driven to find solutions.
Students in Honors LLC come from diverse backgrounds and share a common connection as members of the Honors College and through collaboration and conversation to develop lasting relationships.
First-year Honors students are eligible to reside in the Honors College LLC. No application in addition to the student housing application and the special programs application (used to apply for admission to the SMBHC) is required. Students will use their assigned room selection timeslots to choose bedspaces in the Honors LLC. Spaces will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. First-year honors students are not required to live in the Honors LLC; some students choose other residential community options.
Residence Hall for 2017-18: Pittman Hall
Through a variety of activities designed by the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College faculty leader and student housing staff, Honors LLC members will have the opportunity to:
- Enjoy a positive first-year experience with Honors LLC members in a common living environment
- Develop relationships with students, staff, and faculty that facilitate learning beyond the classroom
- Foster study groups and discussions regarding common classwork, readings, and events
- Become knowledgeable about campus resources and services
- Become engaged in campus activities, community events and citizens of the world
- Create goodwill and sharp minds through community action activities.