May Intersession 2020: Minor Hall
Summer First Term 2020: Burns Hall
August Intersession 2020: Student housing for August Intersession is available only to students who have rooms reserved on campus for 2020-21. Students will be assigned to those rooms for August Intersession if possible. Assignments in other locations will be given to students whose 2020-21 rooms are not available during August Intersession due to custodial and/or facilities work. August Intersession residents must remain enrolled for the duration of August Intersession. Any student who withdraws prior to or during August Intersession will be required to vacate student housing, no exceptions.
Each session requires a separate application process. However, payment of the non-refundable $30 application fee is required only once. All Summer Application fees will be billed directly to the student’s Bursar account. If you are living on campus for more than one summer term, we encourage you to complete all applications at once.
Applications open for 2020: 9:00am on April 1, 2020
Due to limited housing options available during summer, we do not provide an opportunity for you to request a roommate prior to selecting a room. If you have a preferred roommate in mind, the two of you should select your room at the same time.
The $30 application fee is non-refundable, even if you cancel your contract prior to the deadline listed below. Please be aware that failure to pay the application fee that was posted to your bursar account may affect your ability to register for Fall 2020 or result in a hold placed on your Fall 2020 schedule.
You will be able to select your room for each term (May Intersession, Summer First Term, and Summer Second Term). If you are attending multiple terms, you should select the same room for all; otherwise, you will be required to move between terms. If you are attending Summer Full Term, you should complete both the Summer First Term and Summer Second Term applications and select the same room within each application.
Once you’ve selected a room, you may use the optional room change section in the application to view other spaces available to you and select one of those spaces if you’d like. Room change closes for the term three business days prior to move in. Room changes will next be available after move in. Contact your Community Coordinator if interested.
- Log into the student housing portal.
- Select Summer, and then select the term.
- Complete all sections, including signing the electronic contract, paying the application fee, and selecting a room (May Intersession, Summer First Term, and Summer Second Term only).
Move In/Check Out
You will need your student ID for move in. Your student ID serves as your building and room key. If you do not have one, go to the student ID center prior to arrival to your building or apartment.
Move in guidelines, parking information, and move in checklists are available on the move in information page.
May Intersession 2020
- Move in: 3:00pm on May 10
- Check out: 10:00am on May 24
- Residents who are living with us in spring semester may remain in their spring spaces until intersession move in.
Summer First Term 2020
- Move in: 3:00pm on May 26
- Check out: 10:00am on June 25
- Residents who are living with us during May Intersession may remain in their May Intersession spaces until Summer First Term move in.
Summer Second Term 2020
- Move in: 3:00pm on June 28
- Check out: 10:00am on July 29
- Residents who are living with us during Summer First Term may remain in their Summer First Term spaces until Summer Second Term move in.
August Intersession 2020
- Move in: 3:00pm on August 2
- Residents may stay in their rooms during the time between August intersession and fall semester.
- Residents who are living with us during Summer Second Term may remain in their Summer Second Term spaces until August Intersession move in.
Early Move In Requests
Summer session early move in requests will be approved on an individual basis depending on space and staff availability. All early move in requests must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students will be notified of request approval or denial via Ole Miss Gmail. All residents who move in early will be charged a per day rate that will be provided within the early move in approval notice. Early move in fees will be charged through the bursar. Students who attend orientation on the day prior to the scheduled move in for a summer term and wish to move into student housing early must complete this request process.
While student housing allows you to select your room for summer, we reserve the right to consolidate and modify your selection if and when necessary.
Storage of Belongings
The Department of Student Housing cannot accommodate the storage of belongings between sessions. Students will be required to move completely out at the end of the scheduled session. The Campus Package Center offers summer and shipping and storage services to our residents.
Exceptions are made for students who are living on campus for August Intersession and for the 2019-20 academic year. More details will be provided directly to students who qualify for that option.
If you decide not to attend the University of Mississippi or decide not to live in student housing prior to the cancellation deadline, you must complete the cancellation process in the student housing portal.
- Deadline for May Intersession: May 10, 2020
- Deadline for Summer I: May 26, 2020
- Deadline for Summer II: June 28, 2020
- Deadline for August Intersession: August 2, 2020