Fall Closing 2023
The following residence halls close for winter break: Brown, Burns, Crosby, Deaton, Hefley, Martin, Minor, Pittman, Residence Hall 1, Residence Hall 2, Stewart, and Stockard.
Buildings close: Saturday, December 9, 2023 at 12:00 pm CT
Finals Week is December 4-8, 2023. Students should plan to complete the checkout process 24 hours after their last final or by Saturday, December 9, 2023 at 12:00 pm CT, whichever comes first.
- For residents that need housing for all or part of winter break, Student Housing provides an option for break housing. On campus break housing, if spaces are available, will be provided at no cost to students. Off campus break housing will be available for an additional fee if no spaces are available on campus. Information will be sent to residents via Ole Miss Gmail. There will be a Break Housing Request form in the Student Housing Portal.
- If you do not have a safe place to go during break and are unable to afford off-campus break housing rates, please contact UMatter: Student Support & Advocacy at (662) 915-7248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Luckyday Residential College, Residential College South, Campus Walk Apartments, Northgate Apartments, The Quarters Apartments, and Residence Hall 3 will remain open during winter break.
All students must complete the following steps when leaving for winter break:
- Close the windows.
- Open blinds and curtains to allow sunlight into room (except for ground floor rooms)
- Unplug ALL appliances (including refrigerators, which should be defrosted)
- Remove all trash from the room
- Take any personal items that you may need over break
- Turn off the lights
- Properly check out in the Student Housing Portal by selecting Check in/Check out from the red menu bar.
Students who will not be attending Ole Miss for spring semester should have an approved Request to Vacate form, and are expected to be moved out no later than Saturday, December 9, 2023 at 12:00 pm CT regardless of whether their building closes for winter break or not.
Students who are enrolled in Winter Intersession courses can return to all halls beginning Monday, January 1, 2024 at 12:00 pm CT.