Fall Semester 2020 Closing
Buildings close: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 12:00 pm CT
Burns Hall, Crosby Hall, Deaton Hall, Hefley Hall, Martin Hall, Minor Hall, Pittman Hall, Stockard Hall, and Stewart Hall close for winter break.
- For residents of these buildings that need break housing for all or part of winter break, Student Housing provides an option for break housing. Information will be sent to residents via Ole Miss Gmail. There is a break housing request form in the Student Housing Portal. If you do not have a safe place to go during break and are unable to afford the break housing rates, please contact UMatter: Student Support & Advocacy at (662) 915-7248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Luckyday Residential College, Residential College South, Northgate Apartments, Residence Hall 1, Residence Hall 2, and Residence Hall 3 remain open during break. Campus Walk remains open for the duration of the contract (through July 31). All other halls close during break.
All students need to complete the following steps when leaving for winter break:
- Close the windows
- Open blinds and curtains to allow sunlight into the room (Except for ground floor rooms)
- Unplug all appliances (including micro-fridges, which should be defrosted)
- Remove all trash from the room
- Take any personal items that may be needed over break
- Turn off the lights
- Checkout at the front desk by swiping your Ole Miss student ID
Residents who will not be attending Ole Miss for spring semester should have an approved Request to Vacate and are expected to be moved out no later than Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 12:00 pm CT regardless of whether their building closes for winter break or not.
Spring Semester 2021 Closing
Buildings close: Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 12:00 pm CT
Additional details will be available during spring semester.
All information is subject to change, given the unpredictable nature of the COVID-19 global pandemic.