Residential College South
Residential College South (RC South) opened in 2009 and houses residents on four floors. Resident rooms have in-room bathrooms. Shared spaces include a computer lab, study rooms, a full-size kitchen, ping pong tables, a library, and an amazing green space that’s perfect for games and activities. RC South residents dine in the RC Marketplace and are required to purchase the RC Unlimited Plus 1 Dining Plan.
- Residents for 2021-22: Members (freshmen-seniors, males & females), General Community (freshmen)
- Building Amenities Chart
- Room Types (available in this building: single rooms, double rooms, private double rooms, single suites, quad suites)
- New for 2021-2022 : A limited number of private doubles will be available for freshmen members of RC South.
- Building Info Packet
- Move In Info
- Facebook Photo Album
The RC South motto is “Live with Leaders, Learn to Lead.” Attracting students of all classifications and all majors, RC South seeks to create an atmosphere that is conducive to both learning and fun. A senior faculty fellow lives in the building with his family and contributes to life in the college by programming activities that help students nurture their academic and extracurricular interests. Past and present programs include the language table program where students of foreign languages can eat meals with native speakers to practice their skills; classes in tai chi chuan and dancing; cooking lessons in Asian and French cuisines; open-mic nights; and special meals like the annual crawfish boil in the spring.
Community Expectations and Requirements
- Maintain academic good standing at the university
- Participate and contribute to events planned by Community Assistants (CAs) and the RC South Cabinet leaders
- Respect fellow community members, CAs, Ole Miss staff and faculty, and others
- Collaborate with others as well as be proactive in helping the community reach its goals
- Contribute to an environment where learning can flourish
- Respect quiet hours
- Practice good stewardship of community resources
- Participate in a minimum of eight hours of community engagement per academic year
For more information on Residential College South membership, please contact Sue Gauthier at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 915-1792.
How to Join
Students of all classifications, including incoming transfer students, will be considered for membership.
Freshmen can indicate interest in RC South membership here. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Sophomores, upperclassmen, transfer students, and current RC South members should contact Sue Gauthier at email@example.com to begin the application process.
If you intend to return to RC South for another year please fill out this form.