Residential College South (RC South) opened in 2009 and houses residents on four floors. Resident rooms have in-room bathrooms. Shared spaces include a computer lab, study rooms, a full-size kitchen, ping pong tables, a library, and an amazing green space that’s perfect for games and activities. RC South residents share the RC Marketplace dining facility with residents of Luckyday Residential College. All residents are required to purchase the RC Unlimited Plus 1 Dining Plan.
- Residents for 2018-19: Members (males & females), General Community (freshmen-seniors, males & females)
- Capacity for 2018-19: 408
- Building Amenities Chart
- Room Types (available in this building: single rooms, double rooms, private double rooms, double suites, quad suites)
- Building Info Packet
- Move In Info
- Facebook Photo Album
The RC South motto is “Live with Leaders, Learn to Lead.” Attracting students of all classifications and all majors, RC South seeks to create an atmosphere that is conducive to both learning and fun. A senior faculty fellow lives in the building with his family and contributes to life in the college by programming activities that help students nurture their academic and extracurricular interests. Past and present programs include the language table program where students of foreign languages can eat meals with native speakers to practice their skills; classes in tai chi chuan and dancing; cooking lessons in Asian and French cuisines; open-mic nights; and special meals like the annual crawfish boil in the spring.
Community Expectations and Requirements
- Maintain academic good standing at the university
- Participate and contribute to events planned by Community Assistants (CAs) and the RC South Cabinet leaders
- Respect fellow community members, CAs, Ole Miss staff and faculty, and others
- Collaborate with others as well as be proactive in helping the community reach its goals
- Contribute to an environment where learning can flourish
- Respect quiet hours
- Practice good stewardship of community resources
- Participate in a minimum of eight hours of community engagement per academic year
Deadline for freshmen to apply: 4:00pm on March 9, 2018 (note: there is no application essay question)
Sophomores, upperclassmen, transfer students & returning RC South members: contact Sue Gauthier at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
For consideration, students must meet the following requirements PRIOR TO committee review:
Be fully admitted to the university (must have ‘admitted’ status, not ‘prospect’ or ‘applicant’)
Have completed the student housing application for 2018-19
Who Should Apply
- Seek an academically supportive environment
- Thrive on social interaction with fellow students and faculty members
- Are willing to help their fellow students
- Like to volunteer and participate in community activities
- Are committed to diversity it all its forms.
For more information on Residential College South, please contact Sue Gauthier at email@example.com or call 915-1792.