Our move in volunteers play a critical role in the success of our annual fall move in. With hundreds of residents moving in each day, we count on our volunteers to help get residents’ belongings from residential parking areas to their rooms as quickly and efficiently as possible. This allows us to better manage traffic flow and provide assistance to as many residents as possible each day.
If you’re a magnificent mover, a Herculean hauler, or a laudable lifter, we would love for you to volunteer to help our residents move into their rooms! If you are a member of a group that wants to contribute to the success of Groovin’ at Move by helping our residents move in, please register your group or encourage your leader to do so.
- All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- All volunteers must sign liability waivers.
- All volunteers must wear the provided move in t-shirts, which will be distributed at check in. Volunteers who wish to advertise their organizations or groups are encouraged to do so through the use of accessories such as stickers, headbands, fanny packs, socks, etc.
- Volunteers may not distribute materials or give out promotional items during move in.
- All volunteers must wear name tags. These are provided at check in.
- Volunteers may not accept compensation of any kind.
- Campus residents may register to volunteer for the day(s) after their own scheduled move in days.
- Volunteers will be assigned to parking areas around our buildings to assist our residents in unloading vehicles and helping carry belongings to their rooms. Volunteers may be reassigned during move in if needed to maximize the number of residents who receive assistance. Volunteers must remain in the areas to which they are assigned by student housing staff.
- Volunteers may not interfere with or impede traffic, parking, or safety operations. Volunteers are expected to encourage residents and their families to adhere to parking guidelines.
Volunteer shifts are scheduled for TBA.
Individual Volunteer (link for 2019 available in the spring; complete this if you want to volunteer and aren’t part of a group that’s volunteering)
Volunteer Group (link for 2019 available in the spring; complete this if you will serve as the contact for your group)
All volunteers will check in at the volunteer tent in the Minor Courtyard. (rain location: Minor ground floor lobby)
Volunteer shifts: TBA
Volunteers will receive name tags, t-shirts, and volunteer assignments at check in.
Members of volunteer groups will sign (or submit previously signed) liability waivers.
Members of volunteer groups will have group pictures taken.
In order to maximize the number of residents who receive move in assistance, we may ask groups of 20 or more to divide their members across multiple locations.
Volunteers are asked to park at the Ford Center or Jackson Avenue Center so that residents can park in the residential lots. Beginning in August, the O.U.T. Bus (bronze line) will run to campus every 5 minutes from 7:00am – 7:15pm from the Jackson Avenue Center.