Volunteer for Groovin’ at Move In
Our move in volunteers play a critical role in the success of our annual fall move in. With hundreds of residents moving in each day, we count on our volunteers to help get residents’ belongings from residential parking areas to their rooms as quickly and efficiently as possible. This allows us to better manage traffic flow and provide assistance to as many residents as possible each day.
If you’re a magnificent mover, a Herculean hauler, or a laudable lifter, we would love for you to volunteer to help our residents move into their rooms! If you are a member of a group that wants to contribute to the success of Groovin’ at Move by helping our residents move in, please register your group or encourage your leader to do so.
If you are interested in volunteering, please email email@example.com!
- All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- All volunteers must sign liability waivers.
- All volunteers must wear the provided move in t-shirts, which will be distributed at check in. Volunteers who wish to advertise their organizations or groups are encouraged to do so through the use of accessories such as stickers, headbands, fanny packs, socks, etc.
- Volunteers may not distribute materials or give out promotional items during move in.
- All volunteers must wear name tags. These are provided at check in.
- Volunteers may not accept compensation of any kind.
- Campus residents may register to volunteer for the day(s) after their own scheduled move in days.
- Volunteers will be assigned to parking areas around our buildings to assist our residents in unloading vehicles and helping carry belongings to their rooms. Volunteers may be reassigned during move in if needed to maximize the number of residents who receive assistance. Volunteers must remain in the areas to which they are assigned by student housing staff.
- Volunteers may not interfere with or impede traffic, parking, or safety operations. Volunteers are expected to encourage residents and their families to adhere to parking guidelines.