We are looking for volunteers to assist our residents in unloading vehicles and helping carry belongings to their rooms. Each volunteer will receive a theme t-shirt and LOTS of appreciation from our residents and their families.
Groovin’ at Move In Schedule (available mid-spring 2018)
Individual Volunteer *open in spring 2018* (complete this if you want to volunteer but are not part of a group that’s volunteering)
Volunteer Group *open in spring 2018* (complete this if you will serve as the contact for your group)
- All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- All volunteers must sign liability waivers.
- All volunteers must wear the provided move-in t-shirt. (Volunteers who wish to advertise their organizations or groups are encouraged to do so through the use of accessories such as stickers, headbands, fanny packs, socks, etc.)
- Volunteers may not distribute materials or give out promotional items during move in.
- All volunteers must wear nametags.
- Volunteers may not accept compensation of any kind.
All volunteers will check in at the volunteer tent in the Minor Courtyard. (rain location: Minor ground floor lobby)
Volunteer shifts: TBA for 2018
During check in, volunteers will receive name tags, t-shirts, and volunteer assignments.
Members of volunteer groups will sign (or submit previously signed) liability waivers (available in spring 2018).
In order to maximize the number of residents who receive move-in assistance, we may ask groups of 20 or more to divide their members among multiple locations.
Volunteers are asked to park at the Ford Center or Jackson Avenue Center so that residents can park in the residential lots. Beginning in August (date TBA), the O.U.T. Bus (brown line) will run to campus every 5 minutes from 7:00am – 7:15pm from the Jackson Avenue Center.