We are looking for volunteers for Groovin’ at Move In 2018! Volunteer shifts are scheduled for 9:00am-12:00pm on August 15-17. Volunteers will be assigned to parking areas around our residential buildings to assist our residents in unloading vehicles and helping carry belongings to their rooms. Each volunteer will receive a theme t-shirt and LOTS of appreciation from our residents and their families.
Deadline to volunteer: 12:00pm on August 6, 2018
Individual Volunteer (complete this if you want to volunteer and aren’t part of a group that’s volunteering)
Volunteer Group (complete this if you will serve as the contact for your group)
- All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- All volunteers must sign liability waivers.
- All volunteers must wear the provided move in t-shirt. (Volunteers who wish to advertise their organizations or groups are encouraged to do so through the use of accessories such as stickers, headbands, fanny packs, socks, etc.)
- Volunteers may not distribute materials or give out promotional items during move in.
- All volunteers must wear nametags.
- Volunteers may not accept compensation of any kind.
- Campus residents may register to volunteer for the day(s), where applicable, after their own scheduled move in days.
- Volunteers must remain in the areas to which they are assigned by student housing staff.
- Volunteers may not interfere with or impede traffic, parking, or safety operations.
All volunteers will check in at the volunteer tent in the Minor Courtyard. (rain location: Minor ground floor lobby)
Volunteer shifts: 9:00am-12:00pm, August 15-17
Volunteers will receive name tags, t-shirts, and volunteer assignments at check in.
Members of volunteer groups will sign (or submit previously signed) liability waivers.
In order to maximize the number of residents who receive move in assistance, we may ask groups of 20 or more to divide their members across multiple locations.
Volunteers are asked to park at the Ford Center or Jackson Avenue Center so that residents can park in the residential lots. Beginning August 13, the O.U.T. Bus (bronze line) will run to campus every 5 minutes from 7:00am – 7:15pm from the Jackson Avenue Center.