The First 15
The First 15 is a drawing sponsored by the Office of Admissions and the Department of Student Housing that will give 15 incoming freshmen who apply for admission to the university on or before October 15 the opportunity to choose their rooms prior to room selection opening to other freshman students.
Drawing Rules & Guidelines
- All incoming freshmen who apply for admission to the university between July 1 and October 15 will automatically be entered in the drawing.
- The drawing will take place at 15:15 (3:15pm CT) on November 15, 2017.
- Winners will be drawn at random.
- Drawing winners will be notified via Ole Miss Gmail.
- Drawing winners must confirm receipt of drawing notification via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours.
- Drawing winners should complete their student housing applications as soon as access is available. Application completion includes paying the nonrefundable $75 application fee. Students must be admitted to the university and have WebIDs and passwords to access the student housing application.
- In order to receive early room selection access, drawing winners must have completed housing applications with paid application fees.
- Drawing winners must be admitted to the university as freshmen for 2018-19 to be eligible to receive early room selection access.
- If drawing winners have confirmed roommates at the time that room selection access is given, those roommates will be included in the early room selection process. Students do not have to have confirmed roommates to be eligible for the drawing.
- The Department of Student Housing does not guarantee the availability of particular residence halls, room types, or locations to drawing winners.
- Drawing winners will be able to choose from spaces that are available and in which they are eligible to live.
- Drawing winners receive the sole benefit of choosing their rooms early. No additional benefits (e.g. early move in) are included.