Summer Camp & Conference Housing Policies
All summer camp and conference hosts and participants are responsible for abiding by the policies set by the university and the Department of Student Housing as well as state and local laws. Policy violations could lead to immediate group or participant removal. Selected policies are listed below. For a complete listing of policies, visit the University of Mississippi Policy Directory.
- The University of Mississippi campus is smoke-free.
- For medical emergencies, please call the University Police Department at 662-915-7234.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited in residential facilities, regardless of age.
- The use of illegal drugs in the residential facilities or any campus facility or grounds is strictly prohibited.
- Fire safety is imperative. Candles and appliances with open coils are not allowed in residential facilities. “Hover” boards and other electronic skateboards are not allowed. Tampering with fire and safety equipment is a violation of city fire code.
- We ask that all participants refrain from all forms of athletic activity in our residential facilities.
- Cleated shoes are not to be worn in residential facilities.
- Bikes and scooters are not allowed in residential facilities.
- Cheers, stunts, and tumbling are not to be performed in residential facilities.
- Ball bouncing/throwing/kicking is not allowed in residential facilities.
- Practicing of any kind is prohibited in residential buildings.
- Guest rooms and common areas must be returned to their original condition at the end of each group’s stay. Each residential facility and all rooms will be inspected prior to arrival and at departure. If a room requires restoration or repair before it can be assigned to another group, the cost for this work will be billed to the responsible group. The work may include painting, repair to walls and ceilings, and the repair or replacement of furnishings.
- Access cards are issued at the time of check in and must be returned when checking out. There is a $15 charge for each missing access card.
- The possession of weapons, firearms, or pyrotechnic devices is strictly prohibited. These include but are not limited to any gun, rifle, pistol, or other firearm (whether operable or inoperable, loaded or unloaded) or any device which may readily be used as a weapon or to inflict or cause harm to any person or structure.