The FASTrack Living-Learning Community provides a residential environment that fosters academic and social success for freshman students who are accepted into the FASTrack program.
Foundations for Academic Success Track (FASTrack) is a first-year program, designed to help first-year students transition from high school to college in a supportive environment.
The LLC adds an additional layer of community to help FASTrack students succeed in their transition to college. FASTrack students come from all around Mississippi and the country. They have various levels of academic preparation and a wide variety of social and academic interests. They are all joined, however, by a common desire to succeed during the first year of college.
The FASTrack LLC requires no additional housing application. Not all members of FASTrack will live in the LLC, but any FASTrack participant will be eligible. Students will choose bedspaces in the LLC during room selection. Community members must have roommates who are also FASTrack participants. Spaces will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
To apply to FASTrack, students should visit fastrack.olemiss.edu.
Residence Hall for 2018-19: Burns Hall
Through a variety of activities designed by FASTrack and student housing staff, students living in the FASTrack LLC will have the opportunity to:
- Build strong relationships through positive first-year experiences in a common living environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of our campus and its many resources
- Maintain a healthy balance between academic and social pursuits
- Develop relationships with students, staff, and faculty that facilitate learning beyond the classroom
- Foster study groups and discussions regarding common class work, reading, and events
- Develop skills which help them to become engaged scholars and responsible citizens
- Become engaged in campus activities and community events
Faculty leader for FASTrack LLC:
Stephen Monroe, Assistant Dean and Director of FASTrack