The FASTrack Living-Learning Community provides a residential environment that fosters academic and social success for students who are accepted into the FASTrack program.
Foundations for Academic Success Track (FASTrack) is a first-year program, designed to help first-year students transition from high school to college in a supportive environment.
The LLC adds an additional layer of community to help FASTrack students succeed in their transition to college. FASTrack students come from all around Mississippi and the country. They have various levels of academic preparation and a wide variety of social and academic interests. They are all joined, however, by a common desire to succeed during the first year of college.
Residence Hall for 2018-19: Burns Hall
The FASTrack LLC requires no additional housing application. Not all members of FASTrack will live in the LLC, but any student who has been admitted to FASTrack will be eligible. FASTrack students will be the only members admitted into this community. Students cannot bring in a non-program roommate. Students will simply use their assigned housing selection time slots to choose bedspaces within the LLC. The online housing system will only show spaces for which the student qualifies during online room self selection. Again, FASTrack students are not required to live in this community. The LLC portion of FASTrack is optional. The LLC spaces will be first-come, first-served, and, once all spaces in the community have been filled, students in the program will have to choose alternative housing.
To apply to FASTrack, students should visit fastrack.olemiss.edu.
Through a variety of activities designed by FASTrack and student housing staff, students living in the FASTrack LLC will have the opportunity to:
- Build strong relationships through positive first-year experiences in a common living environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of our campus and its many resources
- Maintain a healthy balance between academic and social pursuits
- Develop relationships with students, staff, and faculty that facilitate learning beyond the classroom
- Foster study groups and discussions regarding common class work, reading, and events
- Develop skills which help them to become engaged scholars and responsible citizens
- Become engaged in campus activities and community events
Faculty leader for FASTrack LLC:
Stephen Monroe, Assistant Dean and Director of FASTrack