If you decide not to live in student housing prior to moving in and/or to attend the University of Mississippi, you must notify student housing of your cancellation by emailing email@example.com. (Be sure to include your full name, student ID number, and the term.) If you do not cancel your application by the applicable deadline and prior to moving in, you will be responsible for all financial and other commitments in the contract unless you do not enroll at the university.
- Deadline for fall semester: 5:00pm CDT on July 1. (After July 1, you will be financially responsible for BOTH fall and spring semesters if you are enrolled at the university.)
- Deadline for spring semester: 5:00pm CST on December 1 (This deadline applies to students new to student housing for spring semester ONLY.)
- Deadline for May Intersession: May 13
- Deadline for Summer I: May 31
- Deadline for Summer II: June 30
- Deadline for August Intersession: July 30
After the applicable deadline, any student wishing to cancel his or her housing contract will be directed through the contract appeal process, and release will not be guaranteed.