Student Housing

The University of Mississippi


Cable television is active and included in all residence hall rooms. Students will need a high definition (HD) TV with a clear-QAM tuner and a coaxial cable. If the television does not support a clear-QAM tuner, a separate digital conversion box is required for cable services. A digital converter box can be purchased and installed through the Telecommunications office for $85.00 plus tax.  You should verify all specifications before making a purchase.

The University’s Entertainment Basic package offers over 120 digital channels. If you would like to subscribe to the Entertainment Plus package, you can order directly from

Please visit for more information on channels offered and television compatibility requirements, or call 662-915-5922.