Application Information for Fall 2015 Returning Freshmen
Freshman Residency Requirement
Students who have fewer than 30 semester hours are required to live on campus for two consecutive semesters – Fall and Spring or Spring and Full Summer (Summer I and Summer II).
Students who are included in the freshman residency requirement and do not meet the any of the criteria for exemption must live on campus for the 2015-16 academic year.
Student housing exemptions will be approved if any of the following criteria are met by the start of the fall 2015 semester:
- The student is 21 years of age or older
- The student lives with parent(s) or legal guardian(s) within a radius of 60 miles (proof required) and commutes to campus
- The student has lived in a college or university campus residential community (proof required) for at least two semesters (includes the current semester)
- The student is married (proof required)
- The student has a child (proof required).
Students who are required to live on campus for the 2015-16 academic year must complete the housing application and room selection processes in MyOleMiss. Instructions are available in the ‘Application’ section of the student housing website: studenthousing.olemiss.edu/application-info. All halls except the residential colleges (unless a member), Residence Hall 1, Burns, Minor, and Pittman will be available for selection.
Students who are required to live on campus but fail to complete the application process will automatically be billed for student housing at the start of the 2015-16 academic year.
If you are classified as a freshman at the start of the fall 2015 term and you do not sign up for on-campus housing, you may be automatically billed for housing for the 2015-2016 academic year.
A $75 nonrefundable application fee is required to complete your student housing application.
Please follow the directions below to arrange on-campus housing for the 2015-2016 academic year:
- Beginning Monday, March 2, 2015, at 9am CT, log into MyOleMiss, and select the ‘Housing’ tab from the top menu bar.
- Directly below the ‘Housing’ tab option, select ‘Application’, which is next to ‘Home’.
- Select the ‘Returner Fall 15/Spring 16 Academic Yr’ application.
- Complete all tabs, including signing the electronic contract and agreeing to pay the $75 non-refundable application fee. The application fee will be billed to your bursar account. The $75 application fee is non-refundable, even if you cancel your contract prior to July 1, 2015 and/or are not attending the university in the fall. Please be aware that failure to pay the application fee that was posted to your bursar may affect your ability to register for fall 2015 or result in a hold on your fall 2015 schedule.
- Once you have completed the application fee section of the application, you may log out. You should then email your housing assignment request to Lewis Stewart, Coordinator for Housing Assignments, at email@example.com. Your request should include your top three housing assignment preferences, name, and student ID number. You will be booked in a room, and a confirmation email will be sent to you once the booking is finalized.
- After completing all steps of the application process and receiving your assignment confirmation email, we recommend that you view the application confirmation page within the housing application to confirm your booking.
Consolidation occurs after move in, once assessment of residence hall vacancies is completed. Residents who live in double rooms without roommates will have three options: Find a roommate, have a roommate assigned, or pay the increased rate for a private room. If we have residents living in temporary housing, making the room private will not be an option.
If you decide not to attend the University of Mississippi, you must notify student housing of your cancellation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. (Be sure to include your full name, student ID number, and the term.) If you do not cancel your application, you will be responsible for all financial and other commitments in the contract unless you do not enroll at the university.
Deadline for fall semester: 5:00pm CDT on July 1, 2015. (After July 1, 2015, you will be financially responsible for BOTH fall and spring semesters if you are enrolled at the university.)