Support Student Housing
Volunteer registration for Groovin’ at Move In is now open!
(Note: Each volunteer must register, even if part of a group, so that we have t-shirt sizes and other important info. The primary contact for each group will select the volunteer day(s) and time(s) during registration. Group members will complete only their individual information, which includes listing group membership.)
Volunteers are a very important part of this event, as each year our students look forward to their assistance and warm welcomes. Last year, we had over 1,200 members of the Lafayette-Oxford-University community participate in our best move in to date. We want to make this year even bigger!
We need volunteers throughout the week to help in the unloading zones at each residence hall. They will be assisting new students in unloading vehicles and helping carry belongings to their rooms. Each volunteer will receive a theme Comfort Colors t-shirt and LOTS of appreciation from our freshmen and their families. If you would like to participate in this year’s event, please register by August 8. We welcome both individuals and groups to volunteer. Each volunteer must complete the registration form.
In the week prior to move in, volunteers will receive their assigned locations and t-shirt pick-up locations and times. At move in, volunteers report to the volunteer tables in their assigned areas upon arrival to get nametags and sign in.
- All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- All volunteers must wear the provided move-in t-shirt. (Volunteers who wish to advertise their organizations or groups are encouraged to do so through the use of accessories such as stickers, headbands, fanny packs, socks, etc.)
- Volunteers may not distribute materials or give out promotional items during move in.
- All volunteers must wear nametags.
- Volunteers may not accept compensation of any kind.
We hope you’ll groove with us this year!