Groovin’ at Move In 2016
All volunteers will check in at the volunteer tent in the Minor Courtyard. (rain location: Minor ground floor lobby)
Volunteer shifts: Saturday, 8/13 – Sunday 8/14 – 9:00am-1:00pm; Monday, 8/15 – Thursday, 8/18 – 9:00am-12:30pm
During check in, volunteers will receive name tags, t-shirts, and volunteer assignments.
Members of volunteer groups will sign (or submit previously signed) liability waivers.
In order to maximize the number of residents who receive move-in assistance, we may ask groups of 20 or more to divide their members among multiple locations.
- All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- All volunteers must sign liability waivers.
- All volunteers must wear the provided move-in t-shirt. (Volunteers who wish to advertise their organizations or groups are encouraged to do so through the use of accessories such as stickers, headbands, fanny packs, socks, etc.)
- Volunteers may not distribute materials or give out promotional items during move in.
- All volunteers must wear nametags.
- Volunteers may not accept compensation of any kind.
Volunteers are asked to park at the Ford Center or Jackson Avenue Center so that residents can park in the residential lots. Beginning August 15, the O.U.T. Bus (brown line) will run to campus every 5 minutes from 7:00am – 7:15pm from the Jackson Avenue Center.
Individual Volunteer (form for 2017 coming in spring; complete this if you want to volunteer but are not part of a group that’s volunteering)
Volunteer Group (form for 2017 coming in spring; complete this if you will serve as the contact for your group)
Volunteers are a very important part of this event, as each year our students look forward to their assistance and warm welcomes.
We need volunteers throughout move in to help in the unloading zones at each residential facility. They will be assisting new students in unloading vehicles and helping carry belongings to their rooms. Each volunteer will receive a theme t-shirt and LOTS of appreciation from our residents and their families.
We hope you’ll groove with us!