First-Time Incoming Freshman Application – Fall 2017/Spring 2018
A $75 nonrefundable application fee is required to complete your student housing application.
Important Dates & Times
You must have a WebID and password to apply for student housing in MyOleMiss.
- Application access timeslots sent via Ole Miss Gmail to students admitted to the university prior to October 16, 2016: after 5pm CT on October 18, 2016
- Application access opens to students admitted to the university on or after October 16, 2016: 1:00pm CT on October 24, 2016
- Applications open for Luckyday Residential College and Residential College South: 1:00pm CT, January 13, 2017
- Application deadline for residential colleges: 4:00pm CT, March 31, 2017
- Residential college acceptance, waitlist, and decline notifications sent via Ole Miss Gmail: 5:00pm CT, April 13, 2017
- Residential colleges membership acceptance deadline: 4:00pm CT, April 28, 2017
- Roommate request & confirm deadline: 4:00pm CT, April 28, 2017
- Students who complete their student housing applications by this time will participate in room selection in May: 4:00pm CT, April 28, 2017
- May room selection timeslots sent via Ole Miss Gmail: after 5:00pm CT, May 4, 2017
- Timeslots begin opening for students who select rooms in May: 1:00pm CT, May 10, 2017
- Room selection opens to all students with completed housing applications: 1:00pm CT, June 16, 2017
- Room Swap deadline: 4:00pm CT, July 14, 2017
Please review and follow these instructions if:
- You will be a spring 2017 high school graduate
- You have less than 30 semester hours and have not lived in an on-campus community at Ole Miss or another college or university
- You do not have reason for the following exemptions: married, parent, prior or current military service, over 21.
You must be an admitted student to complete your student housing application. It is important to do this as soon as possible, as room selection time slots are assigned based on the date that you completed your application and paid your application fee.
- The student housing application for Fall 2017/Spring 2018 opens in mid October. (Please check your Ole Miss Gmail account for your access date and time IF you were admitted to the university prior to October 16, 2016.) To begin the student housing application process, log into MyOleMiss and select Student Housing. Next, select Housing Application. Then, choose the Application link and select this application: First Time Incoming Freshman – Fall 2017/Spring 2018.
- Complete the following sections: housing agreement, application fee payment (non-refundable), profile setup, lifestyle questions. You may also search for and request a roommate. (Hint: You must opt into the roommate search, and the person for whom you are searching must have also.)
You will receive instructions for room selection, which begins in May, prior to that time.
Prior to room selection, you may request a roommate within the student housing application. Your requested roommate must confirm the request in order for the two of you to be connected in the application system. This connection allows one of you to select the bedspaces for both of you during room selection. (Roommates receive the same timeslot.)
If you’re planning to participate in a living-learning community, your roommate must be eligible for the same community (i.e., also a member of the Honors College, a FASTrack participant, or a Provost Scholar).
If you do not request a roommate, you will receive a timeslot to select a bedspace in a room of your choosing. Occupant profile information is available so that you may choose a room based on your compatibility with the occupant. You may also choose to select a bedspace in an empty room so that potential roommates can match themselves with you.
Students who have completed housing applications by 4:00pm on April 28, 2017, will receive timeslots to access room selection on May 4, 2017. Timeslots are sent to students via Ole Miss Gmail. Students who complete housing applications after 4:00pm on April 28, 2017, will be able to access room selection beginning at 1:00pm on June 16, 2017.
During room selection, you will able access the room selection section of the housing application in MyOleMiss to view and choose from the bedspaces in the buildings in which you are eligible to live.
As students participate in room selection, availability of buildings and rooms changes frequently. If you would like a space other than the one you have selected, you may use the Room Swap function in the housing application to view available spaces and select a new one. Room Swap is available until 4:00pm CT on July 14, 2017. The next available opportunity to change bedspaces will be during room changes after the semester begins.
Consolidation occurs after move in, once assessment of residence hall vacancies is completed. Residents who live in double rooms without roommates will have three options: Find a roommate, have a roommate assigned, or pay the increased rate for a private room. If we have residents living in temporary housing, making the room private will not be an option.
If you decide not to attend the University of Mississippi, you must notify student housing of your cancellation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. (Be sure to include your full name, student ID number, and the term.) If you do not cancel your application, you will be responsible for all financial and other commitments in the contract unless you do not enroll at the university.
Deadline for fall semester: 5:00pm CT on July 1, 2017. (After July 1, 2017, you will be financially responsible for BOTH fall and spring semesters if you are enrolled at the university.)