Freshman Interest Groups
Members of our freshman interest groups (FIGs) enjoy a residential life that offers enrichment outside of the classroom and is tailored to their interests. Living among peers who share common interests and participating in programming led by campus staff enhances students’ success and helps them to build skills that bring success in their careers and lives.
Freshman Interest Group Goals
- Students will develop meaningful relationships with their community peers.
- Students will be able to identify and utilize opportunities to become involved in their respective communities.
- Students will learn to work with others, practice collaboration while recognizing differences, and be committed to ethical action.
- Students will engage in activities that enhance their academic goals and personal interest development.
- Students will develop meaningful connections with faculty and staff.