Summer Camp & Conference Housing
The University of Mississippi offers summer camp and conference housing for groups with educational and recreational objectives for resident camps, meetings, and seminars. This includes groups which are sponsored by University of Mississippi academic or administrative departments as well as non-university sponsored groups. Our camps and conferences bring students from all over the country and world to our campus in the summer. Camp and conference housing is available from late May through the end of July. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate requests for spaces in August as our staff are preparing the halls for the academic year. Please contact us for specific availability.
- Financial arrangements for summer camp and conference housing are cost-efficient and easy to administer. Room rates are based on a single or double occupancy per person per night. Invoices are sent to the organization contact at the end of the stay. University departments are responsible for submitting the necessary paperwork for interdepartmental transfers to the accounting office.
- Camp and conference housing gives you the convenience of staying on campus, close to your program site. Campus life provides all the necessities and the added extras that make camps and conferences fun and successful!
- All rooms are air-conditioned and furnished with two each of the following: twin XL bed (single), desk, chair, drawers, and nightstand. We currently have rooms available in the following facilities:
- All entrance doors to buildings are locked at all times.
- All student room doors are equipped with electronic locks.
- Staff Availability
- Camp and conference housing staff are available at all times.
- When a building is occupied, the front desk will have limited desk operation hours to provide camp and conference participants with various information and to provide security.
- Camp sponsors will be given conference staff contact information at check in.
- Computer Access
- All residence halls have access to wireless internet.
- If your group participants need access, please contact the IT Helpdesk.
- Burns, Hefley, Deaton, Kincannon, Luckyday Residential College, Minor, Pittman, Residential College South, and Stewart are equipped with elevators.
- Laundry Facilities
- Laundry facilities are located in each residence hall.
- The laundry machines are coin-operated and require quarters.
- The main lounge of each residence hall has a television with basic cable service.
- Vending Machines
- There are snack and soft drink vending machines located in each residence hall. There are no ice machines in the residence halls.
All group participants are responsible for abiding by the policies set by the university and the Department of Student Housing as well as state and local laws. Policy violations could lead to immediate group or participant removal. Some but not all policies are listed below. For a complete listing of policies, visit Policies.
- The University of Mississippi campus is SMOKE-FREE.
- For medical emergencies, please call the University Police Department at 662-915-7234.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited in residential facilities, regardless of age.
- The use of non-prescription drugs in the residential facilities or any campus facility or grounds is strictly prohibited.
- Fire safety is imperative. Candles and appliances with open coils are not allowed in residential facilities. “Hover” boards and other electronic skateboards are not allowed. Tampering with fire and safety equipment is a violation of city fire code.
- We ask that all participants refrain from all forms of athletic activity in our residential facilities.
- Cleated shoes must NOT be worn in residential facilities.
- Bikes and scooters are NOT allowed in residential facilities.
- Cheers, stunts, and tumbling may NOT be performed in residential facilities.
- Ball bouncing/throwing/kicking is NOT allowed in residential facilities.
- No practicing whatsoever is allowed in any residential building.
- Guest rooms and common areas must be returned to their original condition at the end of the group’s stay. Each residential facility and all rooms will be inspected prior to arrival and at departure. If a room requires restoration or repair before it can be assigned to another group, the cost for this work will be billed to the responsible group. The work may include painting, repair to walls and ceilings, and the repair or replacement of furnishings.
- Keys or room access cards are issued at the time of check in and must be returned when checking out. There is a charge for each missing key or room access card.
- The possession of weapons, firearms, or pyrotechnic devices is strictly prohibited. These include but are not limited to any gun, rifle, pistol, or other firearm (whether operable or inoperable, loaded or unloaded) or any device which may readily be used as a weapon or to inflict or cause harm to any person or structure.
RESERVATION REQUEST FORM (available Spring 2017)
For more information, contact Don Rogers at email@example.com.