Apply in myOleMiss.
You must be admitted to the university and have received a webID and password. A $75 nonrefundable application fee is required to complete your student housing application.
Commuter Application – Fall 2017/Spring 2018 (for freshmen)
For Sophomores & Upperclassmen
Campus Walk Apartments – 2017/2018 (waitlist available March 20)
Sophomore & Upperclassman Living Group in RH2 – Fall 2017/Spring 2018 (waitlist available March 20)
Northgate Apartments Application – Fall 2017/Spring 2018 (waitlist available March 20)
For Freshmen – Seniors
For Graduate Students
For International Students
Freshman Residency Requirement
Students who have fewer than 30 semester hours are required to live on campus for two consecutive semesters – Fall and Spring or Spring and Full Summer (Summer I and Summer II).
If the student will still be classified as a freshman after completing the stated requirement, then student housing must be notified no later than July 15 to ensure that a housing exemption is placed on the student’s account for the following fall. This allows the student to avoid charges from student housing.
Student housing exemptions are approved for the following:
- Students who are 21 years of age or older (proof required: birth certificate or driver’s license)
- Students who live with parents or legal guardians within a radius of 60 miles and commute to campus (address will be verified via admissions data)
- Students who have graduated from high school at least one year prior to enrollment at the university and have lived in a college or university campus residential community for at least two semesters (proof required: letter from college or university)
- Married students (proof required: marriage license)
- Students with children (proof required: child’s birth certificate).
If you feel that special circumstances require review of your status and possible consideration for exemption from the residency requirement, then you should mail an appeal letter and all exemption documents no later than July 1 to:
Housing Appeals Committee
Department of Student Housing
P.O. Box 1848
University, MS 38677.
Unmarried freshmen (except commuters living with parents or guardians) who enroll and are found to be living off campus without an authorized exemption from the Housing Appeals Committee will be administratively charged for housing.
If you decide not to live in student housing prior to moving in and/or to attend the University of Mississippi, you must notify student housing of your cancellation by emailing email@example.com. (Be sure to include your full name, student ID number, and the term.) If you do not cancel your application by the applicable deadline and prior to moving in, you will be responsible for all financial and other commitments in the contract unless you do not enroll at the university.
- Deadline for fall semester: 5:00pm CDT on July 1. (After July 1, you will be financially responsible for BOTH fall and spring semesters if you are enrolled at the university.)
- Deadline for spring semester: 5:00pm CST on December 1 (This deadline applies to students new to student housing for spring semester ONLY.)
- Deadline for May Intersession: May 13
- Deadline for Summer I: May 31
- Deadline for Summer II: June 30
- Deadline for August Intersession: July 30
If you require special housing accommodations due to a disability, including the use of a service animal, please contact Student Disability Services.