Apply in myOleMiss. (You must be admitted to the university and have received a webID and password. A $75 nonrefundable application fee is required to complete your student housing application.)
The SAP production system and the MyOleMiss portal will be unavailable beginning at 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 2, due to a major upgrade. The system is scheduled to be unavailable until Tuesday, April 7, at 8 a.m. More info
First-Time Incoming Freshman Application – Spring 2016 (opens Fall 2015)
Commuter Application – Spring 2016 ONLY (opens Fall 2015)
Commuter Application – Fall 2015/Spring 2016 (open)
Freshman Residency Requirement
Students who have fewer than 30 semester hours are required to live on campus for two consecutive semesters – Fall and Spring or Spring and Full Summer (Summer I and Summer II).
If the student will still be classified as a freshman after completing the stated requirement, then student housing must be notified no later than July 15 to ensure that a housing exemption is placed on the student’s account for the following fall. This allows the student to avoid charges from student housing.
Student housing exemptions are approved for the following:
- Students who are 21 years of age or older
- Students who live with parents or legal guardians within a radius of 60 miles (proof required) and commute to campus
- Students who have graduated from high school at least one year prior to enrollment at the university and have lived in a college or university campus residential community (proof required) for at least two semesters
- Married students (proof required)
- Students with children (proof required).
If you feel that special circumstances require review of your status and possible consideration for exemption from the residency requirement, then you should mail an appeal letter and all exemption documents no later than July 1 to:
Housing Appeals Committee
Department of Student Housing
P.O. Box 1848
University, MS 38677.
Unmarried freshmen (except commuters living with parents or guardians) who enroll and are found to be living off campus without an authorized exemption from the Housing Appeals Committee will be administratively charged for housing.
If you decide not to live in student housing and/or to attend the University of Mississippi, you must notify student housing of your cancellation by emailing email@example.com. (Be sure to include your full name, student ID number, and the term.) If you do not cancel your application, you will be responsible for all financial and other commitments in the contract unless you do not enroll at the university.
- Deadline for fall semester: 5:00pm CDT on July 1, 2015. (After July 1, 2015, you will be financially responsible for BOTH fall and spring semesters if you are enrolled at the university.)
- Deadline for spring semester: 5:00pm CST on December 1, 2015
- Deadline for May Intersession: May 9, 2015
- Deadline for Summer I: May 23, 2015
- Deadline for Summer II: June 26, 2015
- Deadline for August Intersession: August 1, 2015